Schenectady City School District Forum

Please share your thoughts and ideas.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

high quality teachers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sandra

PostSubject: high quality teachers   Sat 10 Jan 2009, 9:31 pm

My kids have some amazing teachers that go the extra mile for their students. Is there an award that parents can nominate a great teacher for? How does the district recognize the teachers who go beyond the basics required everyday for their students?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sandra

PostSubject: teachers   Sun 18 Jan 2009, 8:32 pm

I find it interesting that when I ask questions about field trips, etc I can get the nice diplomatic shut down responses but when I ask something like how can we recognize the great teachers in the district, there is absolute silence from administration.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: high quality teachers   Sun 18 Jan 2009, 10:11 pm

Sandra wrote:
I find it interesting that when I ask questions about field trips, etc I can get the nice diplomatic shut down responses but when I ask something like how can we recognize the great teachers in the district, there is absolute silence from administration.

A: There is a teacher of the year recognized each year in the district but other than that I am not aware of any other formal recognition. However, I encourage you as with any other parent or student to e mail or call any excellent staff member to thank them fore their efforts.

As a discussion board, this forum is designed to get input and thoughts from many sources. I don't believe every post requires a personal response from me as the superintendent. This is not an instant message exchange discussion board.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tell-us.8forum.info
Sandra

PostSubject: Teacher of the year   Mon 19 Jan 2009, 12:07 am

How is the teacher of the year selected? Thank you for the response to my previous posting and appreciate the efforts that you make to respond to everyone's questions.

A: A memo and 2009-2010 Teacher of the Year nomination form is available off of the district website. Here is a direct link: http://www.schenectady.k12.ny.us/Teacher_of_The_Year.pdf
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: high quality teachers   Today at 8:42 am

Back to top Go down

high quality teachers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1