Schenectady City School District Forum

Please share your thoughts and ideas.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

I saw this question un answered?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
HoweMom2

PostSubject: I saw this question un answered?   Fri 30 Jan 2009, 3:24 pm

Some one asked..I still have concerns for a 5 year old in a building with 12/13 year olds. If there is a problem child of 12 what will they do to a young child who is trusting and helpless?

My daughter will be 5 and entering Kindergarden this sept. If this goes over even in 2010 she will be in 1st. How do you plan on seperating the school? 12/13 years horse around allot harder and Howe has 2 playgrounds for this are you going to make a new playground for the young ones? and busing? and of course the bathrooms? how is this going to work out?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I saw this question un answered?   Sun 01 Feb 2009, 10:25 am

A: The elementary classrooms are self-contained by nature and the middle school level classes are grouped by subject level. These subject level classrooms will be designated areas in the building and those will be the areas designated for middle school level kids. The elementary level classrooms will also be assigned to specific areas of the building separate from the middle school classrooms. Hall monitors will be assigned to ensure these restriction areas are honored. The common areas such as the gymnasiums and cafeteria will only be used by one group (elementary or middle school) of students at a time to ensure no intermingling.

The playground will be new for Central Park and will be designed and located in a place on the grounds that make the most sense to the staff and administration involved. Bathrooms will be designated and monitored in much the same way as the classrooms.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tell-us.8forum.info
greer

PostSubject: separation of K from 7/8   Sun 01 Feb 2009, 2:59 pm

I hope your plan will work. You will need to train monitors better than they are now- some think being" friendly"[ let them do whatever] with them is the way.
Good luck keeping a 7/8 problem student from the "restricted area' ahaah- can not be done NOW.
I think you need to know morale at CPMS is very low- too much time spent talking about who will still have a job with an entire school being transplanted- kids pick up on the angst.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I saw this question un answered?   Today at 8:44 am

Back to top Go down

I saw this question un answered?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1